Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Unveiling

Halloween is my favorite holiday.

Ever since I was a child, when the autumn wind whipped up the smell of decaying leaves and moldy earth, my heart would pick up pace in expectant joy and trepidation, for the coming of All Hallows' Eve.

Now that I am older, I can explain the enchantment of this season in clear terms: the flaming leaves and brisk weather; candied apples and spiced cider; fantastical costumes and harmless spooks; decadent candy and whimsical decorations; ghost stories and jack-o-lanterns.  

Trick-or-treating, whether you are on the giving end or the receiving, delights young and old and brings neighbors together as a community.

Since keeping a scrapbook of Halloween finds can get costly, I am going to catalog my collections here.  

You are welcome to follow.  Crafts, decorating tips, vintage art, historical tid-bits, cookery, and ghost tales will soon fill this space, like cobwebs in a bare cupboard.

If you have any cool Halloween things of interest, please e-mail me at GreenInkling at gmail dot com.  

Or leave a comment.  And don't forget to subscribe!

Happy haunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment